Articles in this category:
13 January 2011 // FAEP is is recruiting a Communication Intern to work in its office in Brussels.
click to close
FAEP internship (Communication Skills)
FAEP is offering a non-paid internship at the Secretariat’s offices in Brussels as from January 2011 for 3-6 months (a small allowance for transport and food will be paid).
This internship will be of benefit particularly for anyone who seeks professional experience related to lobbying and communication in an European, membership-based organisation.
The internship offers the possibility to learn about the work of FAEP, especially its advocacy and communication actions in Brussels.
It consists of support and assistance in the following areas:
• Monitoring news and the activities of EU institutions and compiling weekly news updates and ad-hoc research
• Supporting FAEP’s events with key politicians, seminars, receptions at the European Parliament, …
• Supporting FAEP’s administration and organisational work, such as preparing meetings with FAEP members
• Assisting the preparation of a magazine promoting the FAEP network and activities and other communication tools.
• Updating and developing the FAEP websites and other media tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter,…
• Expanding FAEP’s sponsor relations
• Support of the Communication Officer in developing and implementing new communication activities and projects
• The person should be an excellent team-player and be interested in media policy in the EU context
• Knowledge of EU policies and institutions an advantage
• Candidate should have excellent English language skills and very good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database)
• The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, able to work efficiently and autonomously, as part of a small team is essential
• feeling fully comfortable with new media and information technology applications
FAEP internships are only open to candidates registered in a University/school/institute, as a contract must be signed between FAEP and the student's home university. Please note that this is a compulsory condition; applications that do not match this criterion will not be short listed.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a brief letter of interest (Subject heading: application Intern + your name) to Max von Abendroth, Executive Director of FAEP to email@example.com.
Deadline for completed applications: 28 January 2011. Only candidates invited for interview will be contacted.
click to close